Why Lactation Clinic ?
COUNSELLING AND GUIDANCE:
During pregnancy prepare mother for breast-feeding.
The nature's - is during pregnancy the glandular cells in the breast are ready to produce milk (Colostrum). Soon after birth when baby starts suckling the breast the milk starts flowing which is life-line immunity to the new born.
After pregnancy, give guidance on:
- Less Breast Milk / No Breast Milk :New mothers are often tempted to give up breastfeeding when they feel their body is not producing enough milk. The good news is that nearly all mothers are capable of producing enough milk for their baby, and Lactation Clinic can give the best possible advice on this.
- Treatment for Sore-Nipple/Cracked Nipple: Breastfeeding mothers also face issues such as sore nipples or cracked nipples which can be treated by Lactation Clinic and healed within 24 hours.
- Complementary Home Made Food: Along with breastfeeding, gradual increase in complementary home made food can meet the growing baby's dietary demands. The Clinic can give you the right advice on complementary home made food for the baby after 6 months.
COUNSELLING AND GUIDANCE :
Counseling and guidance on:
- Continued Breastfeeding up to 2 years or above: The more you prolong breastfeeding, the healthier the baby. Lactation Clinic can give you valuable guidance on continued breast feeding up to 2 years or above.
THE GLOBAL STRATEGY
- The global strategy for breastfeeding:
The global strategy for new mothers entails exclusive breastfeeding within the first half hour to one hour post delivery, complementary feeding after 6 months, and continued breastfeeding for up to 2 years or above.
Lactation Clinic is open from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.