- For most pregnant women, the labor and birth process can be both overwhelming and joyful. Many women and their partners choose to attend childbirth classes to gather information and lessen their anxiety. Lamaze is one of the best ante natal exercise and childbirth education class to choose from various options available today.
- The goal of Lamaze is to increase a mother’s confidence in her ability to give birth; these classes help pregnant women understand how to cope with pain in ways that both facilitate labor and promote comfort, including focused breathing & movement.Lamaze classes also promotes a healthy lifestyle that benefits both the mother and child.
- Couple Lamaze classes will build your and your partner’s confidence in your body’s ability to give birth.
- You can discuss your fears about labor and birth with the instructor and other couples with the same concerns.
- Your partner will learn about childbirth and how to support you on the big day. You may find that attending childbirth classes together will create a special bond.
- Your instructor will discuss pain relief options, including relaxation and breathing techniques.
Therapeutic exercises may be prescribed to pregnant women for several reasons:
- For Primary conditioning
- Due to Impairments related to physiological changes of pregnancy, such as back pain, faulty posture, or leg cramps, etc.
- As a Preventive measure.
- As a preparation for the process of labor.
According to a Survey Woman who exercise During Pregnancy Have:
- Less complication during pregnancy
- More Cardiovascular and respiratory fitness
- Improved General body muscle tone
- Shorter Labor
- Speedy recovery
- Improved muscle strength and function
- Reduction of musculoskeletal discomfort
- Improved ability to adapt to changes in weight and center of gravity
- Kegels exercises to improve the ability of the pelvic floor muscles to avoid urinary incontinence related issues and a flexible pelvic girdle during delivery for a comfortable labor.
Schedule for Lamaze Class is as Follows:
02nd DEC, 2017 – Saturday : 9:30 am TO 11:00 am (Venue : Auditorium, Level: -1)
“Diet During Pregnancy“ by Ms.Roopa Gokul, Consultant dietitian